Try some our easy to fix Best Recipes, utilizing our freshly prepared Agostino’s Pasta Sauce.
Please feel free to get in touch & let us know how it turned out.
Italian Sausage Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped (about 1 1/2 to 2 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- 4 ounces (110 g) Italian sweet sausage (or one 7 to 8 inch link)
- 4 ounces (110 g) Italian hot and spicy sausage (or one 7 to 8 inch link)
- 1 large (28 oz, 794 g) can of whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 lb (16 oz, 450 g) spaghetti pasta
- 1 jar (24oz, 680g) of Agostino’s Marinara Sauce
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the minced garlic and cook a minute more.
2. While the onions are cooking, put a large pot of salted water on to boil for the pasta (4 quarts water, 2 Tbsp salt).
3. Remove the cooked onion and garlic from the pan and set aside. Remove the sausage meat from the casings (if your sausage is in links) and add to the pan, breaking up the meat with your fingers as you add it to the pan. Cook on medium to medium-high heat until lightly browned.
4. Lightly purée the whole peeled canned tomatoes (and juices) in a blender, and add to the skillet with the sausage meat. Add the cooked onions and garlic.
5. Once the pasta water has come to a rolling boil, add the spaghetti pasta. Allow the water to return to a rolling boil. Cook, uncovered, with a vigorous boil, for as long as the directions on the pasta package say, usually about 10-12 minutes. When pasta is al dente (cooked but still a little firm), remove the pot from the heat. Drain the pasta and place it in a serving bowl.
Serve immediately. Toss with the sauce and garnish with grated Parmesan cheese.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- up to 2 (24 ounce) jars of Agostino’s Marinara sauce (depending on whether you enjoy it more or less saucy)
- 1 (16 ounce) package cottage cheese
- 1 pint part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) package lasagna noodles
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
2. In a large skillet, cook and stir ground beef until brown. Add mushrooms and onions; saute until onions are transparent. Stir in pasta sauce, and heat through.
3. In a medium size bowl, combine cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, and eggs.
4. Spread a thin layer of the meat sauce in the bottom of a 13×9 inch pan. Layer with uncooked lasagna noodles, cheese mixture, mozzarella cheese, and meat sauce. Continue layering until all ingredients are used, reserving 1/2 cup mozzarella. Cover pan with aluminum foil.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes. Uncover, and top with remaining half cup of mozzarella cheese. Bake for an additional 15 minutes. Remove from oven, and let stand 10 to 15 minutes before serving.